November 16, 2016 In COOKING
Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup (227g) butter, softened
- 1 cup (201g) white sugar
- 1 cup (220g) packed brown sugar
- 2 medium – large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups (384g) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons hot water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Mix softened butter, white sugar, and brown sugar together until smooth.
3. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla.
4. Dissolve baking soda in hot water, and then add 1/2 teaspoons salt.
5. Stir in flour, chocolate chips.
6. Drop by large spoonfuls onto ungreased pans (or place a parchment paper on top of the oven tray) . Cookie will melt when adding heat, so give each cookie have 1 – 2 inch space.
7. Bake for about 10 minutes to 12 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges are nicely browned.
- Oven Temperature : Temperature will be different in different oven, so adjust the temperature yourself.
- For chewy cookies, bake at 300 degrees F (150 degrees C) for 17-20 minutes
- For crispy cookies, bake at 350 degrees F (180 degrees C) for 10-12 minutes